I am here to share a new skill that I have developed. One of the many cool things about joining the Peace Corps is that you get to experience and learn many new things. That alone is an incentive to join. So if you are looking for a sign for whether or not you should join the Peace Corps there it is lol but really talk to me first so I can make sure you know what you are getting into so you don’t make a mistake and I would want this to be a great experience for you not a mistake for you 🙂
back to my new skill!!!!!!
ladiesssss and gentlemeennnn…
I, the Marvellous gift from the stars, Uri-Biia Hesi-Ra Si-Asar
take note of that name because she is going places
has MASTERED the art of…
yes yes it’s true! I can do it! and if you work hard enough you may too be able to do it one day.
This skill manifested itself one day while I was in my outdoor kitchen. Cooking… yes cooking… keep your eye out for my Chef Biia posts! And a spider ran alongside the wall I was cooking by and almost touched me.
Boy did I silently scream! I have also done this the time a huge lizard fell (crawl into but) FELL into my room. This skill is an important skill that only the most skillful could truly utilize the skillfulness of this skill.
Also it comes in handy if you get scared easily and you don’t want people to always think you are dying and to pretend to your neighbors that you are intregrating well into the new environment.
Positive Side effects of the SILENT SCREAM:
- No one hears you screaming
- You can scream as much as you want without being labelled a scaredy cat
- Neighbors won’t come barging into your house because they think your life is in danger
- You feel brave afterwards because you didn’t actually scream
Negative Side effects of the SILENT SCREAM:
- Your heart will still drop in your chest and beat that crazy
- you are still afraid but the outside world doesn’t know
- You strain your throat a little bit
- If there is actual danger no one will know so please assess the situation before silently screaming
- You actually do make a teeny tiny noise while scream so if you forget that other people are around you you may embarass your self. (not speaking from experience, a friend who wished to stay anonymous told me so)